Design a Christmas card T&Cs
The Strawberry Field Christmas card competition Terms and Conditions:
The Strawberry Field Christmas card competition is run by The Salvation Army*. References to “we” and “us” in these terms and conditions are references to The Salvation Army. By submitting a nomination form you are agreeing to these terms and conditions.
* The Salvation Army Trustee Company (registered company number 00259322) acting in its sole capacity of The Salvation Army Social Work Trust, registered charity number 215174 (England & Wales) and SC03769 (Scotland) whose registered address is at 101 Newington Causeway, London, SE1 6BN
- This competition is open to anyone who is able to submit their own design.
- Christmas card designs will be accepted between 5th September 2022 and 30th September 2022. Winners will be announced 7th October 2022 by social media (Facebook/Twitter/Instagram/LinkedIn).
- Designs will be sent to Andrew.firstname.lastname@example.org for processing.
- By submitting a design, you confirm that all of the information you have provided in that submission is true to the best of your knowledge.
- If the designer is under 18 then written permission should be given by the parent/guardian. By submitting a form, you confirm that the nominee and/or their parent/guardian (if applicable) has given their permission.
- Strawberry Field may request that the winners participate in publicity arising from the promotion. The winners are under no obligation to participate and may decline this request.
- There will be 4 winning designs, which will be printed on a Christmas card for sale in the Strawberry Field shop or website in our discretion.
- Winner Selection: All valid nominations received will be judged by a panel of judges at Strawberry Field in order to select 10 shortlisted designs. These will go to a public vote in order to select the 4 winners. Judging will take place 3rd October 2022. The final 10 shortlisted designs selected will be put through a voting system via our social media feed on Facebook from 3rd October 2022 to 6th October 2022. 4 winners will be selected
- We reserve the right to disqualify at any time any entries which in our opinion are illegal, defamatory, pornographic, in bad taste, infringe any third party’s intellectual property rights, etc. or which do not reflect the values, policies or ethics of Strawberry Field or the Salvation Army.
- We have the final decision as to who the shortlisted entrants to be put forward for social media judging will be, in our absolute discretion and there is no appeal process.
- Winner Notification: Winners will be announced via social media (Facebook/Twitter/Instagram/LinkedIn).
- We reserve the right in our discretion to withdraw the competition if we deem it necessary for any reason (including without limitation, we identify false users participating in the social media judging or in the event of any denial of service attacks of social media websites used for judging or for any similar events).
- Any and all personal data supplied for the running of this event will be used solely for the purpose of these awards by Strawberry Field and will not be used for any other purpose unless consent has been obtained. Your personal data will be handled in accordance with GDPR.
- You confirm that you alone designed your competition entry and have not copied the intellectual property rights of anyone else.
- You agree that The Salvation Army Trustee Company owns all intellectual property rights in the designs and materials which you have produced and submit for this competition. You therefore assign to The Salvation Army Trustee Company all of your intellectual property rights (current and future) in your design entry, throughout the world, for the full term of those rights including, without limitation, all extensions and renewals and any accrued rights to take action for infringement of them.
- You also waive your moral rights in the design submitted by you and which you have now or in the past or in the future, so that we do not have to credit you as author or designer and we have freedom to change the material if we wish.
- You agree to promptly execute and deliver such documents and perform such acts as may reasonably be required for the purpose of registering our ownership of the rights with the appropriate registries.
- You will indemnify us and reimburse to us all costs, expenses, losses and liabilities arising out of or relating to any claim that your design submitted for the competition infringes anyone else’s intellectual property rights or which we incur as a result of your design infringing anyone else’s intellectual property rights.
- Please note that winners will not be entitled to any proceeds from the sale of these items and all profits generated by the Strawberry Field shop & online store go to The Salvation Army Steps to Work Programme.
- We shall in our sole discretion determine how to offer the Christmas cards with the winning designs for sale and to withdraw or discontinue them as we see fit.
- There is no alternative prize to the winning entry being selected to appear on a Salvation Army Christmas card.
By entering this Competition you have agreed to be bound by these terms and conditions.