Liverpool's newest attraction, Strawberry Field, opens September 2019.
Group visits available from September 2019.
Strawberry Field, Liverpool will open its iconic red gates to all in September 2019.
This exciting new commissionable heritage attraction will complement the other significant Liverpool Beatles attractions such as the award-winning The Beatles Story, the Cavern Club and the Magical Mystery Tour. The site is set to become the final missing piece in the jigsaw that will now make the Beatles tourists’ visit to the city complete.
Immortalised in 'Strawberry Fields Forever' this site of the former Salvation Army’s children’s home in Liverpool is part of British heritage.
Strawberry Field offers a vibrant visitor exhibition consisting of an interactive exhibition exploring the site’s history and links to John Lennon's childhood and the iconic song, a stylish café as well as gardens for spiritual reflection and to trace the steps where Lennon once played.
Remaining true to the tradition of giving young people every best chance to succeed in life, Strawberry Field is perpetuating this legacy of care and support through a new training hub for young people with learning disabilities. The Strawberry Field site weaves together educational, cultural, heritage and spiritual elements in one site to continue inspiring future generations to come.
Artists impression of the building where the latest technologies will be used to create an exhibition space where 'nothing is real'.
Strawberry Field ticks all the boxes for today’s traveller:
- Totally unique and authentic
- A total immersion experience with specialist media guide
- Strawberry Field is where John Lennon played as a child and where the roots of the song are found. It opens a window into Lennon's childhood
- Responsible tourism - supports the training of young adults with learning disabilities
- Group are parties of 10 or more
- Limited number of group 'garden only' tours available
- Group organiser/leader admitted free of charge
- Coach drivers and group leaders receive a free hot drink
- Groups can spend anything from 1 – 1.5 hours exploring exhibition, shop, gardens and café
- Dedicated staff to organise all aspects of your visit
- Coach drop off at site
- Local coach parking – details soon
1 hour-1 hour and 30 minutes
Summer (April 1 to September 30)
09:00-19.00 (last admission 18:00)
Winter (October 1 to March 31)
10:00-18:00 (last admission 17:00)
Strawberry Field is closed on December 25th, 26th and January 1st each year.
Public prices (2019/20)
VAT/purchase tax is inclusive.
*All children must be accompanied by an adult.
Fully commissionable to the travel trade, groups and FITs. Please contact our Travel Trade Consultant, details below.
16 Beaconsfield Road,
Strawberry Field is a 20 minute taxi ride from Liverpool city centre, and just round corner from Mendips (Lennon’s childhood home).
Latest press releases:
Available on our website.
- Liverpool tourism and accommodation
- Beatles Liverpool
- How to get to Liverpool
- The Beatles Story
- Cavern Club
- Magical Mystery Tour
For travel trade commission rates and bookings please contact:
Ginette Goulston-Lincoln, Travel Trade Consultant
Tel: +44(0)20 7923 0807 or +44(0)7958 448 002
All groups must be pre-booked in advance via email: Please note, groups of 20 plus will be split to ensure ease of access into the exhibition.
To receive further information including brochure copy, images and a presentation, and our newsletter with the latest updates, please fill in the form below.